As the autumn leaves fall and the temperature drops, take a few easy steps to prepare for any potential cold weather home mishaps. With our handy checklist of home maintenance chores to tackle this month, you'll be done in no time.
Below is a Wonderful Video by Melissa Coghlan(Organizational expert) explaining all of the steps and procedures needed for ensuring the safety of your home for the Winter season.
Below is a quick recap of the aforementioned points discussed in the video.
- Check Walkways for Cracks
- Check Seals on all exterior Windows and Doors
- Repair Leaky Faucets
- Sweep the Chimney
- Service Yard Equipment
- Replace batteries in smoke detectors
- Clean and Protect BBQ and AC unit
- Clean and Cover outdoor furniture
- Turn of water and Store Hose
- Clean windows and window coverings
- Clean and Replace furnace filter
Lisa Lanoue supports local community groups and events and encourages residents to get out and explore everything Oakville, Milton and Burlington have to offer.